If you have dental problems, don’t wait! If you don’t take care of your teeth, they can become discolored and damaged, which will make you look older than you are. Also, if you have a damaged mouth, people may think that you don’t care about your appearance and will judge you as having poor hygiene.
It’s important to brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss once a day, and use an antibacterial mouthwash every night after brushing. But even with all this attention to dental hygiene, there are still some things that can go wrong with your teeth.
If you have any of these symptoms, it’s time to see a dentist:
- Swelling on the gums or around the tooth
- Blood in the saliva or on the toothbrush
- Pain when chewing or biting down
- A change in the color of your teeth
What to do if you have a dental emergency?
If you have a dental emergency, it’s best to call our dentist immediately. But if that’s not possible, here are some things you can do:
- If you have an abscess or a toothache and the pain is severe, numbness in the area of the face or mouth, or swelling around the face or mouth, go to an emergency room for treatment.
- If you’ve had trauma to your mouth or jaw and have a dislocation, go to an emergency room for treatment.
- If you have severe bleeding from a tooth or gum injury and can’t control it by rinsing with warm water and pressure on the area, go to an emergency room for treatment.
- If you suspect something is lodged between your teeth (for example, food), rinse your mouth with warm water and try to remove it using tweezers if possible. Otherwise, go see your dentist as soon as possible so he can remove it for you safely.
Dr. Mihirgir Bava Your Emergency Family Dentist in Raleigh, NC is the best day and night dental office in Raleigh, North Carolina!
Dr. Mihirgir Bava and his team are always on duty. They are never off duty, even for day and night dental care in Raleigh NC. If you have a dental emergency and need to see a dentist as soon as possible, call:
Call: (919) 872-1700 Monday through Thursday
Call (919) 624-5556 Friday through Sunday
Family dentistry is our foundation. We treat dental emergencies, and we’re proud to offer our patients an extensive range of common dental services. Whether you need a routine checkup or cleaning appointment, extensive tooth replacement procedures, or anything in between, we’ve helped thousands of patients in the greater Raleigh area improve their oral health through superior dental care.
We are dedicated to providing the highest-quality dental care with the most patient-centered approach. You can count on us for all your dental needs, from sudden toothaches and broken teeth to complex procedures such as crowns or dentures. Our practice offers emergency dentistry services seven days a week, including evenings and Saturdays/Sundays.
Knowledge is power when it comes to oral health. As such, we strive to keep our patients informed about all of their oral care options so they can be confident that they’re making the best decisions for themselves and their families. We do this via our dental health blog, which is updated regularly.
If you have a dental emergency in Raleigh, NC, Dr. Mihir Bava D.M.D. is committed to staying current with all the latest technologies and techniques in dentistry to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment during your time with us.